Sunday 18 March 2018

Making my wedding dress: part three

Still practicing techniques I finished of my mocha corset and skirt... I made some bias binding to neaten the top of the corset and addef a horsehair braid to the hem to add some shape and structure:


Once it was finished I didn't think I'd get the chance to wear it anytime soon but luckily for me I was invited to a posh do last minute and had the perfect outfit 😁 
Since then... We've booked a venue and it's game on! I won't be waiting around to start making my dress tho, not now I have some practice under my belt. I've always been a fan of lace and decided I'd make a top out of tulle which I could attach lace to so I set to work on that next. I already had a pattern of drafted that I knew I could use as a template.

I searched for a while to find the lace I wanted to use and finally settled on a lace from Minerva craft. It had a good repeating pattern I thought I'd be able to cut and place well. I started by covering the bodice and then embellished the sleeves.


The lace top is still open at the back I considered whether I could attach it to the dress but it's just too delicate, I don't want it to come under any tension. I can't think of a way to secure it in yet but I'm working on it. Maybe a broach, maybe little pearl buttons... Anywho, with this bit 90% done its time to start the dress itself...







No comments:

Post a Comment